Traditional Criminal Searches
(These searches may take up to 5 business days- we cannot control the speed of state/county/federal agencies. State/county fees are applicable).
- County Criminal Average Turnaround Time: 1-3 business days
- This is one of the most powerful tools for uncovering criminal records. Since law enforcement agencies report felony and misdemeanor charges, a county criminal search is where a record is likely to be filed. All county criminal searches go back a minimum of seven years and include felonies and misdemeanors. Some court fees apply.
- Statewide Criminal Average Turnaround Time: Varies by State
- * Price and turnaround time may vary by state. A statewide search will yield information for all counties in a given state. While all counties report to the state level, there can be instances where a conviction has been recorded at the county level, but not yet at the state level. The determination of when to conduct a statewide search is dictated by each customer. With statewide information being unavailable in some states, backgroundchecks.com would be unable to conduct a search. In those instances, you decide to conduct a county or multi-county criminal history search.
- Sex Offender Registry Average Turnaround Time: 1-3 business days
- A search of a specific state's live repository. Details in the report usually include: identifiers, registered address, aliases, case numbers, charge(s), conviction details and period of incarceration.
- Federal Criminal Average Turnaround Time: 1-3 business days
- Some offenses are violations of Federal law as opposed to state or local law. Records of these crimes can be located in the US District Courts. Each state has at least one US District Court, while others are divided into as many as four districts. Federal violations generally will not appear in either a county or statewide criminal check. Offenses can include kidnapping, drug trafficking, interstate transportation of stolen goods, bank robbery and embezzlement.
- Nationwide Wants and Warrants1-2 Business Day
- This is a nationwide search of local, county, state and Federal Extraditable Warrants, and may include Misdemeanors or Felonies. Not all law enforcement agencies contribute to this database.
- Terrorist SearchAverage Turnaround Time: 1-3 business days
- A search of the repository maintained by the United States Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), that stores the names of those individuals and companies who have been designated by the Government as possibly being related to terrorism.
- County Civil Average Turnaround Time: 3-5 business days
- Civil history records provide information about claims, suits and judgments filed by individuals or corporations against other private parties or corporations. Examples of findings include divorce, product liability suits, and violation of civil rights, judgments, nonpayment of goods and other similar cases. These cases can be found at county levels.
- Federal Civil Average Turnaround Time: 1-3 business days
- Federal civil records are searched at an appropriate US District Court. Cases are typically related to interstate commerce, violations of civil rights, issues involving the Federal government, financial institutions, etc. Approximately 93% of Federal Districts currently have docket records accessible electronically.